Here is our Patriots at Steelers Betting preview for week 2 of the 2022-23 NFL season.
Patriots at Steelers Betting: NFL Week 2 Preview
The New England Patriots and the Pittsburgh Steelers are two of the most storied franchises in NFL history, and their Week 2 matchup is sure to be a classic. The Patriots are coming off a disappointing 8-9 season in 2022. The Steelers are coming off a strong 9-8 season, but they lost quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to retirement.
The Patriots are favored by 3 points in this game, and the over/under is set at 48 points. The Patriots have been a strong team against the spread in recent years, going 11-6-1 ATS in their last 18 games. The Steelers, on the other hand, have been a bit of a disappointment ATS, going 7-10 ATS in their last 17 games.
Patriots at Steelers Betting: Trends to keep an eye on for this game
Now we have the best wagering trends to help you make the best decisions when getting your Patriots at Steelers Betting action:
- The Patriots are 3-1 ATS in their last 4 games against the Steelers.
- The Patriots are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games on the road.
- The Steelers are 2-3 ATS in their last 5 games following a loss.
- The total has gone over in 6 of the Patriots’ last 7 games against the Steelers.
The Patriots are the better team on paper, but the Steelers have a home-field advantage and the Steelers are always dangerous when they have their running game going. I think this game will be close, and I’m leaning towards the Patriots to cover the spread.
Patriots at Steelers Betting: Best bets for this game
If you wish to get some Patriots at Steelers Betting action, here are a few great wagering alternatives:
- Patriots moneyline (+115)
- Patriots +3
- Over 48 points
I think the Patriots are a good value on the moneyline, and I think they have a good chance to cover the spread. The over is also a good bet, as these two teams are both capable of scoring a lot of points.
Please note that these are just my predictions, and there is no guarantee that they will come true. Betting on sports is always a risk, and you should only bet what you can afford to lose.
Here are some of the key players to watch for in this game:
- Mac Jones, QB, Patriots: Jones is one of the most promising young quarterbacks in the NFL, and he will be looking to lead the Patriots to a victory.
- Kenny Pickett, QB, Steelers: Pickett is one of the most talented quarterbacks in the NFL, and he will be making his NFL debut.
- DeVonta Smith, WR, Patriots: Smith is one of the best receivers in the NFL, and he will be a major target for Jones.
- Chase Claypool, WR, Steelers: Claypool is one of the best receivers in the NFL, and he will be a major target for Pickett.
The Patriots have a good chance to win this game, but they will need to play their best football to do so. The Steelers are a dangerous team, and they will not be easy to beat. If the Patriots can get their running game going and keep Pickett in check, they will have a good chance to win.
Here are some of the key things to watch for in this game:
- The Patriots’ offensive line: The Patriots’ offensive line will need to do a good job of protecting Jones, especially against the Steelers’ pass rush.
- The Steelers’ running game: The Steelers’ running game is one of the best in the NFL, and they will need to get it going in order to control the clock and keep the Patriots’ offense off the field.
- The Patriots’ defense: The Patriots’ defense is one of the best in the NFL, and they will need to play a good game in order to keep the Steelers’ offense in check.
This is sure to be a close and exciting game, and I can’t wait to see who comes out on top.
Patriots at Steelers Betting: New England at Pittsburgh History and Rivalry
Last but not least on this Patriots at Steelers Betting preview, we have the history and rivalry between these two popular NFL teams.
One of the most well-known rivals in the NFL is between the New England Patriots and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Since 1972, the two teams have been rivals, and the competition has only gotten stronger over time.
The Patriots and Steelers have played each other 22 times during the regular season. The Patriots have won 13 of those games and lost nine. The two teams have also played each other four times in the playoffs. The Patriots have won three of those games, while the Steelers have won one.
There are a lot of things that make the Patriots and Steelers rivals. First, both sides have done well for a long time. Six Super Bowls have been won by the Patriots and six by the Steelers. Both teams are very proud of their achievements, which has made the games between them even more fierce.
Second, there are a lot of great players on both teams, which has helped make them rivals. In the past few years, quarterback Tom Brady and wide receiver Julian Edelman have led the Patriots, while quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and wide receiver Antonio Brown have led the Steelers. The Patriots and Steelers games are some of the most exciting in the NFL because they are played between two of the best teams in the league.
Lastly, a number of controversial plays and events have made the Patriots and Steelers hate each other even more. In 2001, the referees made a controversial call that helped the Patriots beat the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game. In 2017, Chris Boswell kicked a field goal with one second left to beat the Patriots in the AFC Divisional Round.
One of the fiercest rivalries in the NFL is between the New England Patriots and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The games between the two teams are always close and exciting, and the rivalry is likely to last for many years to come.
Here are some of the best games between the Patriots and the Steelers:
- In 2001, the AFC Championship Game was between the Patriots and the Steelers. The Patriots won 20-17. The game took place in Pittsburgh, and the Patriots won after the referees made a call that many people didn’t agree with. The refs said that Patriots receiver Troy Brown caught a pass in the end zone, but a video showed that the ball had actually hit the ground. The touchdown went to the Patriots, who went on to win the game.
- In 2017, the AFC Divisional Round was won by the Steelers, who beat the Patriots 18-16. The game took place in Pittsburgh, and Chris Boswell kicked a field goal in the last second to give the Steelers the win. The 40-yard field goal was unusual because the wind was coming from the opposite direction.
- In the regular season of 2018, the Patriots beat the Steelers by a score of 34–23. The game took place in Foxborough, Massachusetts, and the Patriots won with just seconds left on the clock when Tom Brady threw a touchdown pass to Rob Gronkowski.
One of the most well-known rivals in the NFL is between the Patriots and the Steelers. When the two teams play, there are always a lot of people there, and the games are always watched by a lot of people on TV. Both towns also do a lot of business because of the rivalry. The teams, the towns, and the state of Pennsylvania all make a lot of money from the games between the two teams.
The rivalry between the Patriots and the Steelers is a classic. It is a rivalry that has been going on for a long time and has a lot of history and culture behind it.
Patriots at Steelers Betting: Head to Head
Next in this Patriots at Steelers Betting preview, let’s check out the head to head data:
|Sep 18, 2022||Patriots||@Steelers||-3 / 40||Won 17-14||Push / Under|
|Sep 8, 2019||Patriots||Steelers||-5.5 / 49.5||Won 33-3||Won / Under|
|Dec 16, 2018||Patriots||@Steelers||-2.5 / 55.5||Lost 10-17||Lost / Under|
|Dec 17, 2017||Patriots||@Steelers||-2.5 / 53||Won 27-24||Won / Under|
|Jan 22, 2017||Patriots||Steelers||-6 / 49.5||Won 36-17||Won / Over|
|Oct 23, 2016||Patriots||@Steelers||-7 / 49.5||Won 27-16||Won / Under|
|Sep 10, 2015||Patriots||Steelers||-7 / 51||Won 28-21||Push / Under|
|Nov 3, 2013||Patriots||Steelers||+6 / 43||Won 55-31||Won / Over|
|Oct 30, 2011||Patriots||@Steelers||-3 / 52.5||Lost 17-25||Lost / Under|
|Nov 14, 2010||Patriots||@Steelers||-5 / 44.5||Won 39-26||Won / Over|
Patriots at Steelers Betting preview for the second week of action of the 2022-23 NFL season.