Jaguars at Steelers Week 8 Betting odds and predictions for this game set for Sunday, October 29, 2023.
Jaguars at Steelers Week 8 Betting Odds
Here are the Jaguars at Steelers Week 8 Betting odds:
|Jacksonville Jaguars||-2.5||-145||Over 42|
|Pittsburgh Steelers||+2.5||+125||Under 42|
Place a bet on this game with the latest odds and the best sign-up bonus at YouWager.lv:
Jaguars at Steelers Week 8 Betting Predictions
These are the Jaguars at Steelers Week 8 Betting predictions.
Jaguars at Steelers Week 8 Betting Prediction: Jacksonville
Here is the Jaguars at Steelers Week 8 Betting prediction for Jacksonville.
The Jacksonville Jaguars have a 5-2 record going into this game. The last time these two teams played, the Jaguars beat the Saints 31–24. Trevor Lawrence completed 20 out of 29 passes, gaining 204 yards and one touchdown. He had a 100.4 QB rating and didn’t throw a pick until the end of the game.
Christian Kirk caught 6 passes for 90 yards, which is an average of 15 yards per catch. Trevor Lawrence ran the ball 8 times for 59 yards, which is 7.4 yards per carry, to lead the Jaguars’ attack.
They had 56 plays, which added up to 330 yards for the game. The Jacksonville Jaguars ran the ball 26 times and gained 113 yards, which is an average of 4.3 yards per run. On the ground, the Jaguars gave up 112 yards on 31 tries, which is about 3.6 yards per run. Jacksonville gave up 33 completions out of 55 tries, which added up to 295 yards and a 60.0% completion rate.
The Jaguars have gained 2,354 yards so far this season. Jasper has gained 79 first downs on offense and been penalized 33 times, adding up to 252 yards. In terms of scores, Jacksonville has 8 touchdowns through the air and 9 touchdowns on the ground.
Ten times, they have given up the football (3 picks and 7 fumbles lost). In terms of average yards gained on the ground, they are 13th in the league with 113.4. As for how many points they score, the Jacksonville Jaguars average 24.7 per game.
With 20.9 points allowed per game, the Jaguars are 16th in the NFL when it comes to scoring against other teams. They’re giving up 80.6 running yards per game and 3.6 yards per carry on the ground this season. In 7 games so far this season, they have given up 564 yards to the running game.
The Jaguars are 32nd in football in terms of yards given up through the air, with 1,917 yards given up. It costs them 273.9 yards per game to pass, and 63.6% of the passes they give up are completed. With 354.4 yards given up per game, they are ranked 26th in the National Football League this season.
Jaguars Betting Insights
- This season, Jacksonville has won five of its seven games against the spread.
- Three of the Jaguars’ four games this season where they were a favorite by 2.5 points or more went against the spread. They went 2-3.
- This year, Jacksonville and its opponents have gone over the point total 57.1% of the time (four times in seven games with a set point total).
- When Jacksonville is 2.5 points or more ahead, they have won all of their road games this season.
- Recently, the Jaguars have played better, which gives them a chance to beat the number. This year, they scored 45 points on average in each of their road games.
- Since the beginning of the season, Jacksonville has won 75% of the games it was expected to win (3-1).
- When the Jaguars were a moneyline favorite with odds of -142 or less, they went 3-1 (75% of the time).
Jacksonville’s Stats & Performance
|Pass yards||222.9 (1,560)||14|
|Rush yards||113.4 (794)||13|
|Points scored||24.7 (173)||8|
|Pass yards against||273.9 (1,917)||31|
|Rush yards against||80.6 (564)||4|
|Points allowed||20.9 (146)||16|
Jaguars at Steelers Week 8 Betting Prediction: Pittsburgh
Here is the Jaguars at Steelers Week 8 Betting prediction for Pittsburgh.
The Steelers have a 4–2 record so far this season when they take the field. When these two teams played each other last, the Steelers beat the Rams 24–17. Nashville’s Najee Harris carried the ball 14 times for 53 yards, giving them an average of 3.8 yards per run. In the Steelers’ passing game, George Pickens caught 5 passes for 107 yards, which is 21.4 yards per catch.
The game was over, and Kenny Pickett had thrown for 230 yards on 17/25 attempts. His QB rating was 97.1. Avg. 9.2 yards per pass attempt, he kept the ball away from the defenders and didn’t pick it off. Pittsburgh gave up 31 running plays that gained 135 yards, or 4.4 yards per carry.
The Steelers’ passing defense let up 219 yards on 14 out of 29 passes, which is a completion rate of 48.3%. It took the Steelers 56 plays, or 5.4 yards per play, to finish the game with 300 yards. Pittsburgh ran 29 times for 86 yards, averaging 3.0 yards per carry.
The Steelers average 17.2 points per game, which ranks them 26th in the league when it comes to scoring. Up to this point in the season, the Steelers have thrown for 1,153 yards and an average of 192.2 yards per game, which ranks them 25th in the league.
On the ground, they gain 81.3 yards per game and have 488 yards so far this season. The Pittsburgh Steelers keep their average of 273.5 yards per game, which ranks them 31st in the league. The offense for Pittsburgh has been fined 260 yards for 30 violations, which is the 31st most helpful to the other team in football. Their defense has lost 4 picks and 2 fumbles, but they’ve been able to get 49 first downs.
The Steelers are giving up 21.2 points per game, which is the 17th worst in football. They’ve given up 241.2 yards per game and 9 scores through the air, which ranks them 25th in the NFL. This year, Pittsburgh has given up a total of 854 rushing yards (142.3 yards per game) and 4 scores on the ground.
The Steelers’ defense has played 412 plays, which is the 13th most in football. This season, their defense has lost 12 balls, 6 fumbles and 6 picks. They have given up 127 points altogether.
Steelers Betting Insights
- Four of Pittsburgh’s six games have been won against the spread.
- The Steelers have won all three of their games this season when they were underdogs by 2.5 points or more.
- There has been one over/under in six of Pittsburgh’s games this season, which is 16.7%.
- Pittsburgh is 1-0 ATS at home this year when they are 2.5 points or more losers.
- The over/under for this game is 42.5 points, which is 2.5 points less than the average score of Steelers home games this season.
- As a team, Pittsburgh has been a favorite in five games this season and has won four (80%).
- Because they were at least a +120 loser three times this season, the Steelers won all of those games.
Pittsburgh’s Stats & Performance
|Pass yards||192.2 (1,153)||25|
|Rush yards||81.3 (488)||28|
|Points scored||17.2 (103)||28|
|Pass yards against||241.2 (1,447)||25|
|Rush yards against||142.3 (854)||28|
|Points allowed||21.2 (127)||17|
At YouWager.lv you can wager on the different betting types, such as moneyline, spread, and total, and you can bet either on your favorite team or an undervalued underdog, always with the best and latest wagering lines. Open your account now and receive a 100% bonus on your first cryptocurrency deposit, just click below:
Jaguars at Steelers Week 8 Betting Odds and Predictions by YouWager.lv.