UMass vs Penn State Betting odds and predictions for this NCAA college football game set for week 7 of the 2023-24 season.
UMass vs Penn State Betting Odds
Here are the UMass vs Penn State Betting odds:
- UMass +41.5
- Penn State -41.5
- Total: 54.5
UMass vs Penn State Betting Predictions
These are the UMass vs Penn State Betting predictions.
UMass vs Penn State Betting Prediction: Minutemen
First, we have the UMass vs Penn State Betting prediction for the Minutemen.
The UMass Minutemen are coming into this game with a 1-6 record for the year. The Minutemen lost to the Toledo Rockets 41–24 the last time they played. It was Taisun Phommachanh’s 20th out of 31 attempts, which led to 272 yards and two scores. At the end of the game, he had one pick and a quarterback mark of 153.1.
With 20 runs for 157 yards (7.9 yards per carry), Kay’ron Adams ran the ball the most for the Minutemen. That being said, the UMass Minutemen ran 32 times and gained 167 yards, or an average of 5.2 yards per carry.
In all, they ran 63 plays for a total of 439 yards. UMass gave up 15 completions on 23 tries, which added up to 139 yards and a completion rate of 65.2%. When it came to running the ball, the Minutemen gave up 375 yards on 39 attempts, which is 9.6 yards per run.
The Minutemen have gained 2,775 yards so far this season. Up to this point, UMass has scored 10 touchdowns by passing the ball and 10 touchdowns by running the ball. Ten times, they have turned the ball over. There have been 60 fouls against UMass, which cost them 542 yards and 131 first downs.
On offense, they run the ball 142.7 yards per game, which ranks them 87th in the country. What about getting points? The UMass Minutemen score an average of 26.1 points per game.
With 39.4 points allowed per game, the Minutemen are placed 132nd in college football when it comes to team defense. This year, they let runs go for 5.9 yards and allow 220.1 yards per game. Through 7 games this year, they have given up 1,541 yards on the ground. When it comes to passing yards, the Minutemen have given up 1,624 yards, which ranks them 125th in the country.
Each game, they’ve given up 232.0 yards through the air, and 59.7% of those passes have been completed. They are 126th in the country in terms of yards allowed per game this year, giving up 452.1. They’ve given up 18 touchdowns through the air and 16 scores on the ground.
UMass Key Players
- Carlos Davis has passed for 886 yards (126.6 ypg), which is the most on the UMass team. He has completed 61.4% of his passes and thrown six touchdowns and three interceptions so far this season
- This year, Kay’Ron Adams has carried the ball 130 times for a team-high 661 yards (94.4 per game) and six scores
- Gregroy Desrosiers has run 18 times for 107 yards (15.3 per game) and scored one touchdown this season. He has also caught 12 passes for 148 yards (21.1 per game) and scored two scores
- Anthony Simpson has the most catching yards on the team with 566 (80.9 yards per game). He has caught 33 passes and scored three scores
- This year, Mark Pope has caught 20 passes for 272 yards, or 38.9 yards per game, and one score
- George Johnson has gained 262 yards (37.4 ypg) and scored two scores on 20 catches
UMass vs Penn State Betting Prediction: Nittany Lions
Second, we have the UMass vs Penn State Betting prediction for the Nittany Lions.
The Nittany Lions are 5-0 so far this season when they take the field. The last time these two teams played football, the Nittany Lions beat the Northwestern Wildcats 41–13. Drew Allar threw for 189 yards and one touchdown, and his quarterback rating was 112.7.
He did not make any interceptions, and the average number of yards he gained from each pass was 5.7. Nicholas Singleton ran the ball 21 times for 80 yards, giving Penn State an average of 3.8 yards per run for the game. That’s 3.4 yards per run for Penn State as they ran the ball 39 times for 134 yards. It took 73 plays for the Nittany Lions to get 353 yards, which is 4.8 yards per play.
The Nittany Lions’ receiving defense let passes go through 16 times for 130 yards, which is a completion rate of 51.6%. Penn State let the other team run the ball 32 times, allowing 45 yards (1.4 yards per carry).
The Nittany Lions average 40.6 points per game, which ranks them 11th in the country for how many points they score. The Penn State Nittany Lions give up 430.4 yards per game, which ranks them 44th in the country. This season, Penn State’s offense has been penalized 220 yards for 25 violations, which is the 112th most in college football.
They have thrown no interceptions and given up only one loss. They have also gained 128 first downs. Thus far this season, the Nittany Lions have thrown for a total of 1,178 yards, which is 68th in Division 1. They average 235.6 yards per game. It takes them 194.8 yards per game to run the ball, and all year they’ve run for 974 yards.
Penn State has given up 371 yards on the ground (74.2 yards per game) and 5 scores on the ground this season. Of the 136.4 yards they give up each game, one score is through the air. This puts them in first place in Division 1. This year, their defense has turned over six fumbles and picked off six passes.
The third-best defense in Division I has been on the field for 278 plays. The Nittany Lions, who are ranked second in D-1, give up 9.6 points per game. They have given up a total of 48 points this year.
Penn State Key Players
- Drew Allar has thrown for 1,092 yards, which is 218.4 yards per game. He has completed 102 out of 158 passes this season, which is 64.6%, and he has scored nine touchdowns. He has also run 31 times for 78 yards and two scores, for an average of 15.6 yards per game.
- Kaytron Allen has run for 307 yards on 69 attempts, which is 61.4 yards per game, and scored two scores. He is the team leader in rushing.
- Nicholas Singleton has run 74 times this season and gained 283 yards (56.6 ypg). He has also scored six scores while running. Singleton is also important in the passing game. He has caught 13 passes for 111 yards, which is 22.2 yards per game, and one score.
- KeAndre Lambert-Smith has caught 25 passes this season, gaining 372 yards (74.4 per game) and three scores. This is the most on his team.
- He has also caught 14 passes this year, for 115 yards and four scores. Every game, he gets 23 yards catching.
Nittany Lions vs. Minutemen Stats
- Since the beginning of the season, all five of Penn State’s games have ended with less than 54.5 points
- Three of the twelve games the Minutemen played last season, both teams scored more than 54.5 points
- Last year, Penn State was 9-3-1 against the spread
- Last year, UMass had an ATS record of 5-7-0
- Last season, the Nittany Lions won all 11 games where they were favorites by more than a point
- Overdogs were picked against the Minutemen in 10 games last season, and they lost all of them
At YouWager.lv you can wager on the different betting types, such as moneyline, spread, and total, and you can bet either on your favorite team or an undervalued underdog, always with the best and latest wagering lines. Open your account now and receive a 100% bonus on your first cryptocurrency deposit, just click below: